Call 01704 873873 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is an ancient form of medicine developed in the east over 2500 years ago. This holistic form of medicine is now becoming more popular in the West and is commonly accepted as a useful complement to orthodox medicine. It is being recognised by doctors as one of the most valuable complementary medicines.
Although Acupuncture cannot help everyone, it can treat a wide range of problems, from acute musculo-skeletal problems to chronic, long term, debilitating illness.
Acupuncture has been known to be effective in treating many conditions including:
- Neck, Back pain and other musculo-skeletal problems
- Anxiety, stress and tiredness
- Headaches & Migraine
- Menstrual & Gynaecological problems
- Fertility & IVF support
- Chronic pain and recurring illness
- High Blood Pressure
- IBS, Bowel and Digestive problems
- Consequences of stroke
- ME & Chronic Fatigue
- Plus many more conditions.
Please contact us to see if acupuncture can help you.
How does it work?
The way that acupuncture works in terms of orthodox medicine are still relatively unknown but some of the theories include:
- A direct dampening on the brain’s pain processing centres
- Production of adenosine, one of the body’s natural painkillers
- Production of endorphins, the body’s natural ‘feel good’ chemicals
- Decreasing stress hormones like cortisol
Chinese medicine believes that energy or qi flows through a system of channels in the body called meridians. When this qi becomes blocked, excessive or deficient, pain and illness can occur. Acupuncture aims to unblock and rebalance this energy, encouraging the body to heal itself.